With effect from July 1, 2015, visa fees for entry into Uganda have been revised as follows:
- Single Entry Visa US$50
- Multiple Entry Visa US$100
- East Africa Toursist Visa US$100
- Gov’t officials No fee
- Diplomatic Visa No fee
Please note: All visa applications must be submitted online. Paper applications will not be processed and may result in delays.
Holders of Passports
- Submit an ONLINEapplication.
- Must submit original passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of travel and past the date of your expected departure from Uganda;
- A Money Order of the correct visa fees (Single Entry = $50; Multiple entry = $100; East Africa Tourist Visa = $100);
- A letter of invitation/introduction, if traveling on business;
- An international inoculation certificate against yellow fever must be presented at the point of entry into Uganda;
- Enclose a prepaid, self-addressed UPS, FEDEX, DHL, USPS Priority or Express return envelope. Regular envelopes are not accepted.
Holders of Travel Documents
Holders of travel documents (non-passports) issued by the U.S. Immigration Department to refugees are required to submit the following in addition to the above requirements:
- An invitation letter from the host legally residing in Uganda.
- The host must obtain a letter from the local authorities (such as Local Council I Chairman) confirming that he/she resides in that locality.
- A copy of a Photo ID of the host in Uganda, such as a driver’s license, national ID card, passport, etc.
- A copy of the travel itinerary or airplane ticket clearly showing Uganda as the destination.
Applicants in urgent need of the visa are charged a “expedited fee” of $30 per application. These are usually processed within 1-2 business days. Walk-ins and appointments fall under this category.