- Do not camp or make campfires except at designated sites.
- Do not drive off the tracks.
- Do not disturb wildlife by sounding motor horns.
- Do not drive in the park between 7:30pm and 6:30 am.
- Do not bring dogs or other pets into the park.
- Do not litter.
- Do not bring firearms or ammunition into the park.
- Do not pick flowers or destroy any vegetation.
- Do not exceed the speed limit of 40km per hour (25mph).
- Retain all official receipts for inspection.
Gorilla tracking rules
Before you set out:
- Do not visit the gorillas if you have a cold or other infectious illness.
- Human waste should be buried 30cm (12”) deep
- Maximum number of visitors is eight persons per gorilla group
When you are with the gorillas:
- Maintain a 7m (21ft) distance from the gorilla
- Smoking, eating and drinking are not permitted on the tour
- If you must sneeze or cough cover your face and turn away from the gorillas, as they can catch coughs and colds from humans
- Visits are limited to one hour per gorilla group per day
- Do not use flash photography.