We use the information collected primarily to process the task for which you visited the website. Data collected in the UK is held in accordance with the Data Protection Act. All reasonable precautions are taken to prevent unauthorised access to this information. This safeguard may require you to provide additional forms of identity should you wish to obtain information about your account details.
- Do not camp or make campfires except at designated sites.
- Do not drive off the tracks.
- Do not disturb wildlife by sounding motor horns.
- Do not drive in the park between 7:30pm and 6:30 am.
- Do not bring dogs or other pets into the park.
- Do not litter.
- Do not bring firearms or ammunition into the park.
- Do not pick flowers or destroy any vegetation.
- Do not exceed the speed limit of 40km per hour (25mph).
- Retain all official receipts for inspection.
Gorilla tracking rules
Before you set out:
- Do not visit the gorillas if you have a cold or other infectious illness.
- Human waste should be buried 30cm (12”) deep
- Maximum number of visitors is eight persons per gorilla group
When you are with the gorillas:
- Maintain a 7m (21ft) distance from the gorilla
- Smoking, eating and drinking are not permitted on the tour
- If you must sneeze or cough cover your face and turn away from the gorillas, as they can catch coughs and colds from humans
- Visits are limited to one hour per gorilla group per day
- Do not use flash photography.
We may collect any or all of the information that you give us depending on the type of transaction you enter into, including your name, address, telephone number, and email address, together with data about your use of the website. Other information that may be needed from time to time to process a request may also be collected as indicated on the website.